E-commerce Know-Hows: Using the Right Tools to Increase Conversion Rates
Ecommerce has been growing in the MENA region, and as more and more Internet users start to make online purchases, a lot of businesses are turning their heads towards it. Reports show that today 30% of your website visitors add items to their cart, but only 3% complete purchase. Moreover, 50% of online buyers will purchase more if the checkout page looks reassuring.
TML advises and acquires customers for multiplatform ecommerce services in the Middle East and is involved in the latest customer acquisition techniques.
Here are five takeaways to remember when launching your online business:
1- Create Trust:
The first thing a customer looks for before making an online purchase is security. Therefore, your platform must create trust.
– Reassure customers on checkout page by including a clear padlock icon and a text on security.
– Showing PayPal logo creates a sense of security, because PayPal is known to be one of the most secure online payment methods.
– Reassure customers is by offering C.O.D. (cash on delivery).
2- Allow Easy Checkouts:
Don’t make the conversion harder by asking buyers to create an account.
– Use the “Pull-the-Trigger” method, giving them the option to Checkout with Social Media, or Checkout as Guest, or Checkout with PayPal.
– Add an IP address AutoDetect so that your customer doesn’t spend time looking for his country in a drop down list.
3- Constant Reassurance:
Some of the main concerns of customers can be resolved beforehand:
– Use geo-localized pop-ups to welcome international customers.
– Another pop up or text can reassure them that they can return the product when it doesn’t meet their expectation.
– Send your customers messages of the status of their purchase.
4- Measure your Net Promoter Score (NPS):
Your NPS acts as a principal indicator of your company’s growth. Top companies score less than 65% on average. All it takes to measure your NPS is a question about your service after the purchase is done.
The topics above were presented and discussed by PayPal at In5 on Daytime. Over the years PayPal has become one of the most secure and fastest ways to make online purchases. And the biggest base for PayPal in the MENA region is currently UAE followed by Saudi Arabia and Egypt. PayPal now allows UAE businesses to withdraw to a local UAE bank account.